Voting Opens for Indias Premier Awards for Software Development Product Excellence
Great Indian Developer Awards 2009 - 100+ Nominees Shortlisted. Voting Closes April 03 2009
Bangalore February 09, 2009: Saltmarch Media announced today that voting is open for the 2009 edition of Great Indian Developer Awards. The second edition of Indias first and premierawards for the software developer ecosystem will recognize organizations and products that are contributing to the evangelism, productivity and innovation excellence of the Indian developer ecosystem . This years awards will be given away across 11 categories at an exclusive awards evening at the Great Indian Developer Summit, May 25 2009 at the J N Tata Auditorium (Indian Institute of Science Campus) in Bangalore.
In Stage I, from November 15 2008 to January 12 2009, nominations were accepted from across 11 open product categories. On February 09 2009, these were short-listed and a total of 100+ nominees have been announced from the summit website. From now until April 03 2009, everyone is invited to cast their votes for their favorites in the shortlist from here http://developersummit.com/awards.html#vote.
The rigorous selection process for the awards doesnt end there, however. Once voting closes on April 03, the votes will be counted and a final list of three nominees from each category will be made available to the high stature awards jury. The awards jury will cast their vote on the finalist, thus arriving on a winner for each of the 15 categories.
The awards jury is comprised of distinguished executives, seasoned industry professionals, and academia whose expertise spans the entire information technology gamut. The chairperson of this years jury is Shri. M N Vidyashankar, Chief Electoral Officer, Government of Karnataka, and flag bearer of the Information Technology ecosystem in Karnataka, India. In his role as IT Secretary of Karnataka from October 2006 to April 2007, Shri. Vidyashankar steered the software and service exports from Karnataka, despite political turmoil and poor infrastructure, to a whopping 44% of the countrys total IT (information technology) and back-office services exports of around $40 billion (Rs1.58 trillion). Other honourable jury members include the Immediate Past President of IEEE (Dr. Rangachar Kasturi), Head of Institute presence in India (Vijay Anand), Founder of Agile Developer Inc. (Dr. Venkat Subramaniam) and Associate Director of Indian Institute of Science (Prof. N. Balakrishnan) among others.
Nominated Individuals and Products by Category:
- Development Environments: IBM Rational Application Developer, Embarcadero JBuilder 2008, Jboss Developer Studio, JetBrains ReSharper 4.1, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Oracle JDeveloper, Sun Microsytems' NetBeans, Eclipse, Adobe Flex Builder, Microsoft Expression Studio.
- Design and Modeling: Instantiations WindowBuilder Pro, Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, No Magic MagicDraw UML, Microsoft Visual Studio Architect Edition, Ravenflow RAVEN, IBM Rational Rose, Genuitec MyEclipse, Sybase PowerDesigner, CS Odessa ConceptDraw.
- Change and Configuration Management: Accurev, Serena TeamTrack, MKS Integrity, McCabe CM, CA Software Change Manager, Perforce SCM, Serena Dimensions, Rational Software Architect, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008.
- Collaboration Solution: Citrix GoToMeeting, Jive Software Clearspace, Adobe Acrobat Connect Professional, Microsoft Unified Communications, phpBB, 37Signals Basecamp, Taroby, Central Desktop, Microsoft Office, activeCollab, WebEx WebOffice, Liferay Portal, EMC Documentum eRoom, IBM Lotus Connections, Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Testing: Klocwork Insight, BMC AppSight 6.0, Atlassian Clover, Coverity Prevent SQS, Fortify Tracer, Ounce Labs' Ounce, The iTKO LISA Suite, VMLogix LabManager, Compuware DevPartner Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Test Edition, Keynote Systems' KITE 2.0, JBoss Profiler, JUnit.org
- Security: Quest Software's InTrust for Databases, Atlassian Crowd, Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management ES, Parasoft Application Security Solution, Fortify Defender, Kaspersky Open Space Security, Microsoft Forefront.
- Content Management: IBM WebSphere Portal, Interwoven TeamSite, Drupal, Ingeniux CMS 6, Plone, EMC Documentum, TYPO3, Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS), Alfresco CMS, Oracle Universal Content Management.
- Web Development: Prescient Author, InfoSoftGlobal FusionCharts, Dojo Toolkit, Aptana Studio, Microsoft ASP.NET, Embarcadero 3rdRail, Adobe Flash Platform, Yahoo! SearchMonkey, Bungee Connect, Microsoft Silverlight, Adobe ColdFusion 8.
- Mobile Development: Keynote MITE, Windows Mobile, Adobe Device Central, Nokia Symbian, Qualcomm BREW, .NET Compact Framework, Google Android.
- Frameworks: Apache Struts, Spring Framework, Yii, jQuery, SproutCore, Merb, Skelta BPM.NET Developer Edition, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, JBoss Seams, Adobe Flex.
- Database: Oracle Database 11g, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, IBM InfoSphere Warehouse, Vertica Analytic Database, Teradata, Sun Microsystems-MySQL, Netezza, TOAD, SAP BusinessObjects Crystal Reports.
The winners will be announced and honoured at the Great Indian Developer Awards 2009 to be held in conjunction with the Great Indian Developer Summit 2009 (http://www.developersummit.com) at the J N Tata Auditorium, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) campus, Bangalore, on Saturday the 25th of April 2009. The summit will feature three co-located conferences on .NET, Rich Web and Java and a special day for workshops. Attendees will get the opportunity to learn bleeding-edge technologies, what business models are working, what's next on the horizon, and how all of this will affect their own organizations and business. They'll also be left plenty of time for catching up with old friends and making new acquaintances at the evening parties and the 4-day show. Sessions will cover talks such as "A Lap Around Oslo", "Whats New in C#4.0", "A (Failed?) Project From the Perspective of a Team Lead", "T-SQL: Tips and Tricks Sharing Fest! 2009 Edition", 21st Century RIAs: Using HTML 5 Communication, Guerrilla SOA, Building RESTful Applications with Ruby on Rails, Cracking the Tough SOA Nuts, as well as real-world workshops on "JRuby in Action, Programming Microsofts Live Mesh, Building a Mashup, and more. See program here http://developersummit.com/speakers.html.
The summit is made possible by support from Platinum Sponsors - Adobe and Microsoft, Gold Sponsors - Redhat and Intel, Hack Sponsor - Yahoo, and DevelopMentor Sponsors - Sybase, Progress Software and AMT Technologies among others.
For more information on the awards and to vote, see http://developersummit.com/awards.html.
For more information on Great Indian Developer Summit 2009,
look up http://www.developersummit.com/.
About Saltmarch Media
Saltmarch Media is a revolutionary new media company that provides industry-leading Web Sites, Conferences, and new media platforms focusing on diverse sectors such as IT, Energy, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Retail, Biotechnology, and BFSI. Saltmarchs media properties aim to inform, network, and serve professionals and executives in these diverse sectors with information, opportunities, evaluation and guidance they need to excel in their jobs from keeping pace with emerging trends and technologies, to evaluating products and solutions, to developing strategies, to making cost-effective purchase decisions and effectively managing and leading their organizations' projects. More information: http://www.saltmarchmedia.com/
For further information, please contact:
A Saltmarch Media Press Release
Ph: +91 80 4005 1000